Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Go ahead, Make my day"

This post is not going to be a "theory" of mine but more of a recommendation by me.

Today it came to my attention how our society has become a lot less friendly. So I am posting this to say to everyone, compliment people more often. I know it seems like a ridiculous thing to say but today I was wearing some new gloves I got and was unsure about but went ahead with it anyway, and some random girl I'd never officially met in one of my classes gave me a compliment on them. This was so unexpected and genuine that it really just made my day. I don't think we realize how much we can affect someone's day just by giving them a genuine compliment. Of course I'm not suggesting flooding the market with compliments and reducing their value, I'm just suggesting to everyone that you might be able to make someone's day that much better and so I think we need to start taking advantage of those moments.

Just imagine how great you will feel knowing you might have fixed someone's terrible day just with a few words.

Just a suggestion,
-Dan

1 comment:

  1. 'flooding the market with compliments and reducing their value.'
    brilliant!

    ReplyDelete